The mid-season finale of Mad Men‘s pointlessly halved seventh season aired on Sunday, inaugurating an equally pointless ten-month hiatus before the seven final episodes air in 2015. 2015! Do the iris-mounted GooCals on our Google Glasses even know what 2015 is? DO OUR IRIS-MOUNTED GOOCALS EVEN KNOW THAT? Anyway, let’s open thread to celebrate another perfect episode of this always perfect show. I’ve included a few questions for discussion to get the ball rolling. Zoobie, zoobie, zoo!
Mad Men Mid-Season Open Thread: Questions for Discussion
- Did Neil Armstrong really walk on the moon? Like, really?
- Harry Crane was the only character on the flight to Indianapolis to recline his seat on the plane. What does this say about his smarm carnival personality? What does Harry Crane as a whole say about Matthew Weiner’s feelings about TV people?
- Why didn’t Don Draper BANG Meredith, amiright?
- Peggy Olsen’s dress had an amazing arc over the past three episodes. First we saw it hanging on the back of her office door, then we saw its dry cleaner wrap on the back of her office door, then we saw her discuss it with Julio, then she wore it to the pitch. What a subtle way to show how important this meeting was to her! So, how’d she look?!
- Still don’t get why Joan is so mean to Don. Not a question.
- What would you do if someone gave you a nipple? What is the proper gift to give in return for a nipple? Is it a nipple?
- If the person
Iyou relate to most on this show is Pete Campbell, what does that say about meyou?
- Lastly, what did you think of the episode’s closing musical number? What do you think of musical numbers in general? Are musical numbers just a temporary bandage on a permanent wound? Is every single thing in our meaningless lives just a temporary bandage on a permanent wound?
- Did Neil Armstrong really walk on the moon? Like, really? Come on.