We’ve reached the end of season 7 and the winner is…
Exactly who I predicted two weeks ago!
And I have to say, I’m so glad Violet came through for me (see what I did there?) not because I was necessarily rooting for her but because it means I don’t have to follow through on this promise:
(Bring on the sick rhymes, ArtDork!)
And while I’m making this all about myself, I would also like to point out that I made a top 3 prediction after episode 4 and came very close!
As Winston Churchill said, “Two out of three ain’t bad.”
Anyway, the reunion/finale was pretty similar to how it was in the last few season so we’re going to do it bullet style.
- All of the queens looked amazing in their final looks. Special shoutout to Tempest DuJour, Max, and Katya.
- The top three queens were forced to do one last lipsync performance. Each queen had a song written for her (presumably by Lucian Piane): an upbeat gospel number called “Pray and Slay” for Ginger, an EDM song called “Sleepwalker” for Pearl and a burlesque-friendly song called something like “So Many Daddies, So Little Time” for Violet.
- Miley Cyrus randomly popping up in the background of audience shots was never not hilarious.
- Highlights of the interviews with the queens:
- Miss Fame asked Ru how her head was and then brought a live chicken on stage. She really does know her brand!
- Katya told Ru that she wanted to tackle her to the ground, suck her entire wig into her mouth, and have Ru pee on her.
- Ru brought up how disgusting some fans were this season with sending hateful messages and death threats to various queens when talking to Jasmine Masters, who got the worst of it. Jasmine got a nice video message from Patti LaBelle as a reward for putting up with a lot of bullshit.
- Ginger and Jaidynn both got surprise video messages from their family members (Ginger from her estranged father and Jaidynn from her family who she never came out to) and they cried and I did not like that they did it live in a theater full of people but whatevs, I’m glad their families stopped being dicks.
- There were some fan questions read by queens of seasons past which meant we got a very welcome dose of Alaska. For the most part the answers weren’t that interesting but Violet revealed that she voted for herself in the Shadiest Queen category at the DESPYs.
- Max’s accent was brought up, and she insisted it was just an elocution thing. Latrice Royale: “Ella Cution? Is she from Englewood?”
- Katya was obviously named Miss Congeniality. And the award was presented to her by BenDeLaCreme and Michelle Visage dressed in a better-constructed version of Ginger and Sasha’s conjoined twins outfit.
- Bianca Del Rio came out in the most incredible glittery outfit for the crowning that was so great it made up for all her really boring outfits in season 6.
- Ginger and Pearl looked amazing in their crowning outfits but I kind of fucking hated what Violet was wearing.
- Ru pranked us hard by gearing up to announce the winner, then coughing a little and saying “…Katya?” which of course caused the crowd to go apeshit until they realized that Ru was just summoning her to the stage to give her a drink of water. Shady bitch.
Anyhow, it’s been quite a season! It got a lot of hate from a lot of fans but I personally loved it despite its flaws. If nothing else, it gave us the magic that is Katya for which I will be eternally grateful. But enough about me! I bet you have some opinions too! I’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the best moments of the season, please vote for your favorite.