Once again, the international viewing audience is subjected to the Golden Globe Awards. I’m probably one of the least cynical people when it comes to award shows, but this year’s ceremonies were a fucking DRAG. Pretty much all of the presenter bits fell flat, the random audience murmuring was obnoxious, and Ricky Gervais. This coupled with the ever-increasing amount of media being released that I have to keep up with, made the show tiresome. Here are some of the things that caught my attention.
- Ricky is right about one thing. Why does NBC still exist?
- Should I be watching Mozart In The Jungle?
- The Oscar Isaac hype wagon continues to forge on!
- I like America Ferrara and Eva Longoria. I wish they were on better shows.
- I love that Sly is having a great tour with Creed, but did he forget to thank the director when he won?
- Thank you Hollywood Foreign Press, for vindicating my watching Mr. Robot.
- I guess John David Washington is the internet’s new boyfriend. Sorry, guy
- The eternal battle between winners and the orchestra…
- Individuals I thought looked great:
- Dwayne Johnson
- Taraji P. Henson
- Alicia Vikander
- Amy Schumer
- Saoirse Roan
- Eddie Redmayne
How did you guys fare?