So, How Was Your Day?

The sun came out today! After a snowstorm the day before, so February hasn’t lulled me into a false sense of security yet, but seeing blue sky is definitely a mood-improver. Otherwise, it was a pretty boring day.


About Theresa Couchman

Theresa Couchman was born in Upstate New York, went to school in Upstate New York, and currently resides in Upstate New York. She has a pair of impractical Master's Degrees and a taste for the pointlessly weird, and is occasionally funny on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Chat, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to So, How Was Your Day?

  1. mordonez says:

    2nd day back at work after a long (for me) 6 day vacation. The struggle to be motivated to work on stuff is real, guys. It was a pretty weird week that kicked off with a flight to Fort Lauderdale that was delayed by 3 hours, getting us in around 2:30 AM. Which was fine, because we’d planned to hang out in the airport anyway rather than getting a hotel, because they told us to be there several hours early to check in for our flight to Havana– we went for 2+ days, and it was pretty amazing, and will merit a full post at some point.

    We then flew back to South Florida so i could go to (and subject mrsdonez to one day of) the GroundUp Music festival, which was amazing–music from noon to 11PM, followed by late night sets in two clubs in our hotel until 4AM. Highlights– Snarky Puppy (if you like instrumental funk/jazz/etc), David Crosby, whose voice should not sound that good, Chris Thile, Emily Estefan (Gloria’s daughter) and Harry Shearer as Spinal Tap’s own Derek Smalls.

    My photos and videos are scattered across 4 devices at the moment, but it’ll merit a “what I did on my winter vacation” post.

    For now–

  2. flanny says:

    Today is the college’s Founders Day, so this afternoon we went to a speaker and then strolled over to the cemetery to put flowers of the grave of our founder. I learned that our founder was half-blind because when he was a teenager he once got sick and accidentally injested poison instead of medicine. Hahaha, okay bro.

  3. welcometocostcoiloveyou says:

    I only got 5 hours of sleep last night, and first thing this morning, had a meeting that lasted for almost two hours. Bright side is that it was a pretty productive meeting.

    On my lunch break, I paid 3 bills, filled my gas tank, and started the dishwasher. I didn’t have time to actually eat a proper lunch, but I’m glad I knocked a bunch of stuff off of my to do list. 5 down, only 21 more things to go!

  4. catweazle says:

    Last night I went to a charity karaoke thing where you paid to sing and the money went to a local cat shelter. It was really fun! Highlights were when I sang “I Wanna Be Your Dog” but changed the lyrics to “I Wanna Be Your Cat” and when my little sister and I discovered that we both had a crush on the same guy at the same time in high school and somehow never knew (it came up because he liked my new profile pic on FB) and also we each had our own nickname for him (I called him “Simple Machines” for reasons I only slightly remember and she called him “DK guy” because he occasionally wore a Dead Kennedys shirt). Anyway, it was a very fun way to spend Valentine’s Day but unfortunately they had half-price bottles of wine so I ended up drinking an entire bottle of Malbec by myself and then I didn’t get home until midnight so I am basically an ambulatory corpse today.

    • catweazle says:

      I’m really ashamed of myself because I forgot about the best part of the night! My sister showed me a video she took when she was over at other sister’s house recently in which the baby is listening to Jamiroquai and starts blowing a bunch of kisses. His mom asks if he’s blowing kisses to her and he shakes his head. She asks if he’s blowing kisses to Jamiroquai and he starts nodding emphatically.

  5. FRQ says:

    It’s been mostly okay. It started off horribly, when I was greated with a flat tire for the 2nd time in 2 months. I took it to the tire people, who said, as far as they know, there is nothing wrong with it, and filled it back up. At least they didn’t charge me anything for it. The rest of the day has been calm. I have a personal training session after work, then I’m going home and packing for my mini-vacation, which starts tomorrow after work. I’ll be going to Central America, which sounds exotic but really isn’t for me, as it’s where I’m from. Like any family-related trip, I will spend the majority of the trip eating and being lazy.

  6. collin0truckasaurus says:

    My day has been fine. I’m in a little bit of a post-birthday funk which used to happen to me every year, but I think it’s really just a “work sucks and pregnancy sucks” funk meaning both of those things are going to be very difficult for the next two and a half months and then I’ll get the sweet release of a break from both of those only to be forced to care for a newborn which, in a ranking of baby ages, is the absolute worst, second only to “whatever age your kid is when he/she is getting teeth”. Let’s just put it this way – I’m very excited to have a 6 month old baby, but too bad that won’t be for about 8 1/2 months (that will also be once i will have been back at work for 2 months and can determine if this place has improved or if I’ll be leaving forever, which I imagine will be a fun, liberating thing to decide).

  7. Today is my first day back from being in Norway for two weeks and I am in a jetlag haze but also have to get work done and then drive an hour to meet my dad for dinner, so that is fun. On the plus side, the trip was awesome and my cat has been cuddling me non-stop since I got back.

  8. martinmegz says:

    My next-door-neighbor is a really great guy but his girlfriend is so mean to him. I pretty much never hear him except for when his bitch of a girlfriend decides to scream at him. So last night I’m trying to go to bed and I hear this bitch yelling, but I think she was just drunk because for once she wasn’t picking a fight, she was just being loud, but still I couldn’t get to bed until 4:30.

    The good news is that as of this week I get to work from home on Wednesdays! I had to come to the office today because my boss has to leave early, but I got to stay home for the first half of the day and recover from the late night.

    I’m pretty sick of the weather we’ve been having. Normally we get some days in the high 80s in February and I take an afternoon off to hit the beach. We’ve had a few days days but it’s not warm by any means. Meanwhile, Oklahoma is having scorching heat in the middle of winter. The temps there are nuts! How do people deny climate change?

  9. I saw every hour last night, so I was a zombie this morning. And oh joy, I scheduled a doctor’s appointment at 8:15 this morning. It didn’t take long, but was unpleasant as anything is when you’re half awake and being poked. Work was dull. I wanted to do trivia but no one was around, so instead I am home making dinner and then probably sleeping at like 9pm.

    Fun? Fun.

  10. Commentatrix says:

    Last night I went to see Angel Olsen in concert, and it was all kinds of wonderful. As a result I was tired all day, and my team lead who thinks she’s my manager has been getting on my last extra-tender nerve. Can’t wait to go home and eat a high-calorie dinner right before bed tonight.

    • flanny says:

      You know, I’ve been seeing a lot about this Angel Olsen person on social media, and every time I do I think it’s Ashley Parker Angel.

Comments are closed.