For the past few months, I’ve been like “When’s the final season of New Girl gonna start airing?” The answer is tonight, at 9:30pm EST. That’s that.
I finished “In Treatment” and watched a movie on Netflix called “Tulip Crazy” or something like that, a period film that takes place in Amsterdam. Alicia Vikander stars, because she’s in everything right now. It’s worth watching for the gorgeous cinematography. Some shots are like a Rembrandt painting.
I watched the first episode of The Kettering Incident. Can anyone let me know if it’s worth finishing?
I’ve been meaning to get to the second season of A Series Of Unfortunate Events, because the first one was fun, but I’ve been too tired.
I gave my niece (age… 9?) the first book for her birthday in February and she loved it and immediately sailed through the next five. She liked the second book because she would have agreed to live with Montgomery Montgomery (the kindly reptiles scientist). She did not like the third book as much because she did not want to live with Aunt Josephine (who is afraid of doorknobs). The fifth was her favorite so far (no reason given). I am reading the series now too, and I have my own opinions. But I have not watched the show yet.
The series has been pretty good! NPH is not my ideal Count Olaf, but he certainly gives it his all. And having Patrick Warburton play Lemony Snicket himself really makes it.
I never saw the movie with Jim Carrey, but reading the books, it is very easy to see him in the part.
The movie is terrrrrrible, but yes, he was a way more intimidating Count Olaf.
I forgot! I also watched the first two episodes of The Terror on AMC’s website, and it was very creepy and good. The rest is behind a paywall, though, and since I don’t have cable I’ll probably just wait until the whole thing is on Amazon.
I finished the Leftovers! I only thought it was ok, but that’s because “ok” is the average of my extreme reactions to everything about the show. LOVED a lot, but also HATED so much.
Netflix finally dropped Better Call Saul season 3, so I’ve been making my way through that. It had been so long since I had seen season 2 that I had to read a Wikipedia recap to remember what the hell is going on. But so far, season 3 is good.
Also catching up on iZombie, and it is delightful 🙂
Oh, and has anyone watched Nailed It! on Netflix? It is so so funny…
And I can’t cook or bake, so I would be just as bad as these contestants – if not worse – but I just love watching the reveals.
I didn’t even have the sound on when I watched that clip, and I laughed out loud when she did the princess’s voice.
Update: I’ve watched it with sound a million times and I sob with laughter every time. “HEY GUYS.”
What is the premise of this show?!!
I watched the first episode of the latest Masterpiece Mystery, Unforgotten, on Sunday, and boy is it good. It’s got that one lady in it and it’s got a good mystery and all the characters seem like real people. It’s not perfect. I don’t know why they couldn’t do a DNA test on those bones to find out how old they were and lots of things happen that are pretty convenient, but oh well. It’s nice to have a murder mystery that isn’t gorey or rapey and is maybe even funny at times in a non-dark way. I like my murders to be a fun, escapist romp, so sue me.
I can always count on you for all my non-gross murder mystery news.
I only wish I could deliver that news more often.
We should start a production company and make them ourselves. Pleasant Murders Only Productions.
Yes, I’m interested in going into business with you. I have $44 I can dedicate to the venture. Let me know.
This Unforgotten?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unforgotten
It’s a VERY good show, and the second series is possibly even better. Can’t wait for the third, which will hopefully be later this year. The actor who plays Sunny is a great guy as well!
Yes! That very Unforgotten!
You’re going to love it. And the actress is Nicola Walker!
I’m so excited for The New Girl! I’ve watched several of the new shows over the last couple of months and would like to give a my reviews below.
1. Alex, Inc: Zach Braff really has charm that comes across on the small screen. Alex quits his job suddenly to start a podcast and has to juggle the life change and uncertainty. This show has some kinks to work out but it’s an enjoyable family/workplace comedy. They stole a joke from Happy Endings already but I’ll allow it because I steal jokes from Happy Endings every day.
2. The Resident: The only medical drama I watch and not just because I interviewed the star a couple of months ago. They don’t sugar coat the healthcare system and show plainly how hospital administrations care more about money than people.
3. Killing Eve: A new BBC America show about an MI-6 agent (I think? She has an American accent though?) and a quirky assassin, destined for a showdown. It’s fun and weird but not too weird, and Sandra Oh is fantastic as Eve.
THE NOT SO BAD
1. Splitting up Together: I thought I was going to hate it, but the second episode was really enjoyable and I think this show might come together (no pun intended)
2. Krypton: A story of Superman’s grandfather. Do I like it? I don’t know yet. It has a nice SyFy channel feel to it but I tend to watch it while working because it’s not that great.
3. The Crossing: I don’t know if this one-hour ABC mystery show has anything to do with the creators of Lost, but the ads for it invoke Lost so that’s clearly an association they’re pushing. It was interesting but we’ll see what happens. A bunch of people wash up on the shore in a small town claiming to have crossed over from the war-ravaged future.
1. Deception: An illusionist whose secret is that he has a twin brother that no one knew about until that brother was framed for murder and put in jail now uses his tricks of the trade to help the FBI solve crimes. It’s as stupid as the fake crime show Animal Instinct that they parodied in the end credits of Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
2. Instinct: This hurts because who doesn’t love Alan Cumming? He’s a gem! But this crime solving show is sooooooooo bad.
3. Station 19: A bad attempt at a fire station show. The lead is like 25 years old and when her dad, the captain of the firehouse, gets cancer, she demands that he promote her to lieutenant so she can be temporary captain. Is that how promotions work? She doesn’t have to take tests and be qualified? Apparently! Dumb.
4. For the People: Dumb law show about new lawyers. Oh they’re so idealistic and passionate and can pull out tricks to win unwinnable cases! No thanks.
5. Champions: A guy who owns a gym finds out he has a teenage son who comes to live with him to attend a performing arts school. Mindy Kaling is involved and some of the jokes are good, but the whole cast of characters just doesn’t work and it’s not worth the time.
I’ve heard a lot about Killing Eve. I’ll have to check it out.
On a whim I watched the pilot of The Crossing last week and since then I’ve found myself checking to see if there are new episodes. I don’t know why. I didn’t super love it, but I guess somehow it did its job. (I do love that Steven Zahn, though, so that might be it.)
“Steven Zahn.” I’m very formal.
I just saw the list of shows nominated for a Peabody Award. Lots of good stuff including Halt and Catch Fire, The Good Place, Insecure, and The Handmaid’s Tale…
Aw, I’m so happy The Good Place is getting some love!
I’m sitting on the final episode of Before We Die because if I watch it then a) it will be over and b) I will find out something terrible, I just know it. The cliffhanger to the penultimate episode basically set things up for terrible-ness.
Other than that I have been watching documentaries – one about hospitals, one about art in Portugal, one about photography, la-dee-da. And BBC Three online comedy, which I’m not sure if you can get via YouTube, possibly, but there’s some funny stuff on there!
And do you guys get Travel Man??
Is Travel Man Richard Ayoade’s show? I’ve been dying to watch that!
Yes! If you can get the Christmas episode where he and Jon Hamm went to Hong Kong, I highly recommend it, but they’re mostly all good. Very funny!
Comments are closed.